If there’s one instance in your life when you need your makeup to just stay fresh and flawless all the way through, it has to be on your wedding day!
Believe it or not, all you really need to keep in mind are a few key steps in making sure that your bridal look stays put even until the after-party.
So regardless whether you’re having your bridal makeup done professionally or DIY, I highly recommend that you take note of my 5 tried and tested pro hacks to make your look last longer.
1. Put primer before putting foundation. Primer creates a smooth canvas for the makeup and makes the makeup last longer. If you have oily skin, use a mattifying primer to keep oil at bay.
2. Put waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Expect that there will be lots of crying, so unless you want raccoon eyes come reception time, you'll need waterproof eye makeup.
3. Layer your blush. You can put cream blush, cheek tint, or airbrush blush before putting powder blush to make your blush last longer.
4. Seal the makeup with a fixer spray. Fixers sprays give your makeup extra hold, and hydrates your skin too.
5. Put lipliner all over your lips (not just on the lipline) before putting lipstick to give your lipcolor extra hold. Matte liquid lipsticks have extra staying power too.
Still need more pro makeup tips? My personal makeup workshops for October and November have already started, but you can still sign up for other available dates. Just make sure to contact me directly to reserve your slot!
If you’re a bride to be, feel free to inquire by messaging me directly as well. You can also find some bridal FAQs and rates by clicking here.
Also do check out the original article featuring my pro hacks from Bride and Breakfast here: 10 Secrets to Making Your Wedding Day Makeup Last Longer as Told by Makeup Artists.