I’m Kris, a New York trained makeup artist and makeup teacher from Manila. I’m also a certified yoga teacher and maintain an Ashtanga practice. If I’m not doing makeup or yoga, I’m probably busy daydreaming of where to wander off next.
I quit my corporate job when I was 22 years old and decided to just go for it and pursue makeup full-time because of my love and passion for the craft. It’s been a decade since then and I never looked back.
On most days, you can find me running around the city--in a hotel for a wedding makeup gig, in a studio for an editorial shoot, or in my own studio teaching aspiring makeup artists or cheering on your average working girl as she nails that perfect winged eyeliner. Unpredictable, really, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
My makeup style in my own words...
I’m mostly known for my bridal makeup. Doing that natural makeup look may seem easy enough, but there’s more work to it than meets the eye to make you look effortlessly stunning.
I believe that things that require subtlety and restraint are the hardest to pull off, and bridal makeup is no exception. Ten, maybe twenty, years from your wedding, I’d want for you to look back at your photos and see not the makeup, but just the undeniable joy and love radiating from your face on that special day.
Feeling more experimental? I've had the pleasure of working with edgy clients who are not afraid to pile on the color, be it smoky dark eyes or bold red lips. Being able to lead the makeup team of major runway shows and do makeup for top fashion magazines in Manila helps in keeping me on my toes with the latest shades and trends as well.
Whatever look it is, be it for bridal or editorial, there’s one thing I can assure you--I keep it classy. All. The. Time.
If I'm not doing makeup,
I'm teaching it...
My parents have instilled in me the value of good education, and I’m extremely fortunate to say that I’ve been given the chance many times over to be taught by the best.
I was trained in Makeup Designory New York, also known as the “Harvard of makeup schools.” And during my stint as the National Education Manager of Make Up For Ever Paris in the Philippines, I got first dibs on the latest products, trends, and techniques of this prestigious brand.
Getting the very best knowledge and insight straight from the pros in New York and Paris, what more could I ask for?
I’ve always found joy and fulfillment in helping others learn, so I decided to combine my love for the craft and my passion for teaching by conducting my own specialized and intensive workshops both for beginners and makeup professionals. This is my way of giving back and paying it forward in this industry. My goal? Simple. It's to help my students become so much better than me.
Five more things you might want to know about me:
1. I was a trained dancer for 16 years. I did ballet, jazz, and cheerleading. Dance was where I discovered my knack for makeup artistry.
2. I belong to a family of travel junkies. My fave spots so far are Batanes, El Nido, Spain, and Japan. Next on our bucket list is New Zealand.
3. My friends envy (and make fun of) me for being able to fall asleep in a snap, wherever my head happens to lean on to. They envy me even more for having the appetite of two people. I’m pesco-vegetarian but I eat A LOT.
4. I’m an Atenista. I suck in Math big time, so how I managed to get a Business Management degree from the Ahrneow is still a big mystery to me.
5. Hardest thing I’ve gone through? Losing my mom. Her impact on me and the people around her was so profound that we want to build a legacy for her. My family and I have turned this sob story into a positive one by building a scholarship foundation in memory of her.